Few weeks ago I got a call from a home seller, who wanted us to meet her at her Green Lake house located in the heart of Tangle Town. Living in Green myself, I know this area is filled with beautiful Craftsman houses. As I walked up the stairs, I glanced at the beautiful leaded windows and I knew that this house is going to be special, and it was.
The current homeowner had made beautiful and thoughtful updates while keeping true to the craftsman details and the feel of her house. But now it was time for her to downsize and wanted to sell her home. Not working with a home stager before, at first she was nervous that we might turn her house into something that wasn’t. She feared that her home might be designed either too stuffy or too modern. As home stagers, we understand that and we come across anxious home sellers. We’re able to put her at ease quickly our as we shared with her our vision for and how we like to prepare her beautiful Green Lake house for the market.
This was our action plan:
- We felt very comfortable with working with the existing wall colors. This would meant saving on money and time
- Select and bring in neutral furniture pieces to offset the darker blue wall colors
- Create a transitional design
- Create a guest bedroom in the basement. Originally this space had a proper bedroom, but the current homeowner took the door and one of the walls out to create an open space. We felt we should still showcase this as a bedroom and home office.
- Make the media/TV room a bit more hip and modern, since we knew the targeted buyers will be young families
- Angle the master bed since this positioning worked the best for this room
When the homeowner came by to check the staging, she was full of praises. She loved her home and was excited to show it to her agent. And these kinds of reactions is what we strive for. This is what the listing agent wrote about this house:
Located in the heart of Tangle Town overlooking ‘Keystone Place’ park this Seattle Bungalow has it all: Leaded glass, hard wood floors, period tiled fireplace, updated kitchen & baths. Large light filled living room with views of the park, opens to large dining room. Two bedrooms on main with full tiled bath. Lower level with bedroom, family room, laundry & storage. Off street prkg, sweet yard & patio. Walk to eateries & shops, or Green Lake. Recent upgrades; new stove/ref, heat pump, insulated attic. Huge attic development potential.
This Green Lake Craftsman home was SOLD in just days for more than asking price and with seven offers.
Feel free to share this post: