When you are selling your home, staging outdoor spaces is just as important as staging indoors. Whether you are selling a condo with a small balcony or a house with a spacious yard, staging these spaces creates interest and a lot of value to your home.
By creating interest, staging outdoor spaces captivates the attention of homebuyers. Nowadays, prospective homebuyers look at the MLS photos online before deciding whether or not to come in and view the home in person. It is important to remember that when you are selling your home you are not just selling square footage; you are selling a lifestyle. Homebuyers imagine entertaining friends for a barbecue, eating breakfast while enjoying their garden, or simply drinking a glass of wine with a special someone on the balcony overlooking the cityscape.
Here are some tips on how to stage your outdoor spaces if you are on a tighter budget:
- Try to borrow an outdoor set from a neighbor or a friend
- If you have an older metal set that has seen better days, consider spray painting it a fun and bold color
- If you have worn teak set, just add some colorful pillows that will grab the attention
- For outdoor dining spaces, a colorful tray with soda and cups will go a long way
- Make sure you have potted plants! If you are selling your home in the winter, you can use winter blooming plants like Halbourous or Cyclamen. If your patio or garden is exposed to direct sun and you are selling your home during summer, pick something that is colorful and tolerant to droughts such as geranium or lavender.
There is a lot one can do to spruce up their outdoor spaces to make them shine without breaking the bank. Potted plants, outdoor rugs, colorful pillows, and props such as refreshment trays, go a long way to add interest. By creating excitement that highlights these coveted spaces, home sellers can easily attract buyers online and increase the value of their home.
Feel free to share this post: