Some homes are charming just because they are small. Small homes with big personalities are some of my favorite homes to stage and this could not be truer than this Seattle home on South Weller Street which belonged to one of my Realtor clients, Allie.
Allie called and asked if I could stage her own rental property. To me, when a real estate agent, especially a well seasoned and experienced one like Allie, asks to stage their own property, it is a HUGE honor.
It was so easy to fall in love with this small house. The big personality was oozing out and as I told Allie, we just have to go with the energy of the house. The house was built in the early 1900’s, and like any other older home, it had its own old charm. However, something about this (the big personality) was screaming at us “I can be a modern home too.” As always, I listened to the voice of the house. I told Allie that we needed to mix the traditional with the modern. This house demanded it.
- I suggested painting the house a beautiful soft white grey, Balboa Mist by Benjamin Moore, to instantly freshen up the house and to add a modern feel to the old charm
- Selected modern wall art pieces
- Added red accent color throughout the house
- Selected modern sofa and chairs
- Chose to go with vintage Persian rugs
- Brought in the old charm feel to the kitchen
- Highlighted the amazing sunroom
By listening to the voice of the house and staging it accordingly, we were able to help the potential home buyers who came through this house to hear through this voice and feel the big personality of the house. It was sold in just days with multiple offers and fetched $49,000 MORE than the asking price.
It was an honor and a privilege to stage this house for one of my own clients, and help her meet her sales goal and even surpass it. I know she had the choice of working with any home stager and I’m honored that she trusted her own home in our hands.
Feel free to share this post: