Some things you just learn with experience! Period.
Learning to identify our ideal clients and ONLY working with them is an example of one of these lessons learned through experience. Of course, this approach requires saying NO at times. Some might feel that they simply can’t say no to a potential client or to the income. This was true for us too. But we have learned that by saying NO to poorly matched clients, we are creating more space and time for our ideal clients and serving them even better. This path proved to be very successful.
We created a list of what we feel identifies someone as an ideal client for every service category that we offer. It was our intent that this would be a guide to help us recognize clients that are a good fit for what we offer. This is our list:
- We are passionate home stagers and we love what we do so our ideal client is one who gets us even more excited about what we do everday.
- We put people, like home sellers, first ALL the time. Not all real estate transactions are for happy reasons and we often deal with delicate situations. Therefore our ideal client has to be in this business because they love what they do AND they take care of their clients also. They are not in business just to create wealth. They love real estate and truly want to help their clients to achieve their sales goals. Relationships matters to us.
- Details make the difference. We pay attention to every detail of the homes and our ideal clients do the same. They don’t believe in putting homes on the market as is. Their listings are prepared and ready for staging.
- Creativity is the essence of what we do. We love to work with realtors who value creativity, authenticity and hard work.
- Home staging is hard work. A tremendous amount of coordination, planning, managing and communication goes into every successful staging project. Our ideal clients value our hard work and contribution to their business success.
- Every realtor handles their business differently. Some prefer that we contact their clients directly and some don’t. Some want us to use neutral colors in their staged homes while some choose orange as an accent color. Our ideal client communicates expectations clearly. The ability to express what they want and need is a key characteristic of our ideal client.
- Our ideal client understands that we have other clients as well and they allow us a reasonable amount of time for their projects. With real estate, sometimes this is not an option and we also understand these unusual circumstances and do our best to meet the needs of our clients.
- Our ideal clients seek an on-going relationship. They understand and value the benefits that come from a long-term partnership. We are totally committed to keep our clients happy and satisfied. Relationships matters to us.
Feel free to share this post: